The Purpose of Video Extensometer is to optically measure the elongation on application of longitudinal tensile force on the test specimen.
Markers, especially dots, lines or pre designed templates are used to track elongation in real time.
The markers used should be in contrast with the color of the test specimen.
Advantages over contact type Extensometer
- More accurate results as there is no mechanical influence on the specimen during the test due to the non-contacting camera system.
- Knife edge Slippage errors are omitted.
- Knife edge damage errors are omitted.
- Auto Gauge Length Detection - Consistent results as the human error is eliminated while marking the Gauge length.
- No moving parts - hence, extremely low maintenance costs.
- No possibility of damage due to rupture shocks and jerks - hence, no wear and tear of the Video Extensometer
- Gives you Elongation results upto the sample rupture.
- Extremely easy to use for untrained operators.